We Believe, Practice, and Value the following six core Principles of Naturopathy:
- Harness the healing power of nature – nature has an innate ability to heal, therefore, our treatments will be limited to using natural substances.
- Identify and treat the root cause – irrespective of whether it is physical, mental, or emotional – and not just the symptoms.
- Do no harm – a Naturopath will never use treatments that might create other distressful conditions.
- Treat the person holistically instead of just focusing on the problem in isolation – when preparing a treatment plan, all aspects of a person’s being are taken into consideration.
- The Naturopath as teacher – a Naturopath encourages and supports the client to take responsibility for his/her own health by teaching self-care.
- Prevention is better than cure – a Naturopath’s goal is to remove toxic substances and situations from a client’s lifestyle to prevent the onset of further disease.