Vitamin D also called the sunshine vitamin, because it is naturally produced by the skin once it is exposed to the sunlight. It is a fat soluble vitamin which can be obtained through some food and supplements but it is best to get it naturally.
1. Boosts Bone health-Vitamin D is vital for the absorption of calcium and phosphorus in the body for healthy growth of bones and teeth.
2. Strengths immunity- by vitalising the immune cells which protects us against hundreds of pathogens invading our body. Go out in the morning sun absorb plenty of this natural vitamin from sun and stay strong and healthy.
3. Reduces inflammation-which is the root cause of many diseases like arthritis.
4. Fights Depression- Key to young and vibrant look is healthy diet and ample sunshine. Many people living in cold regions suffer from depression. Soak yourself in ample sunlight and take your daily dose of vitamin D.
5. Prevents cancer- Vitamin D regulates cell growth and can contain the growth of cancerous cells. It can also fight rheumatoid arthritis, cold and flu, asthma and hypertension
• Weakened Immune System
• Weak Bones The body is at the risk of developing bone abnormalities like osteomalacia ( soft bones) (rickets in children)or osteoporosis ( fragile bones), increases the risk of bone fracture and skeletal deformities.
• Autoimmune Disease
• Depression and Dementia
• Other risk factors include overweight, elderly and low absorption of calcium products.
A 600 international unit (IU) of daily dose of vitamin D dose is required. An exposure of 10-15 minutes in the sun fulfils the major requirement of this dose. Rest can be met by food like fortified dairy food. If due to geographical location one is unable to get sun exposure, vitamin D supplements is recommended by the doctor.. Exposure to the sun is an easy and reliable way for replenishing it, just 6 days of casual exposure to sun restores 49 days of deficiency of vitamin D. The receptors in the skin convert the sunlight into vitamin D.
Contact JKYNH, one of the leading naturopathy hospitals in India, for lifestyle consultations and chronic diseases.