Top 14 Health Benefits of Magical Herb Cinnamon:
1. Regulates blood sugar: Cinnamon slows the rate at which the stomach empties after meals, reducing the rise in blood sugar after eating, making it ideal for diabetics and hypoglycemics alike. It helps treat Type 2 Diabetes by lowering blood sugar levels and increasing the amount of insulin production in the body.
2. Reduces LDL cholesterol levels: Numerous studies have proved the effectiveness of Cinnamon in reducing LDL (harmful) cholesterol levels helping reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.
3. Antimicrobial properties: Cinnamon’s essential oils helps stop the growth of bacteria like E. coli, ulcer-causing H. pylori bacteria and other pathogens, as well as fungi, including the commonly problematic yeast Candida.
4. Arthritis Pain Relief: Studies have shown that the combination of Honey and Cinnamon reduces cytokines linked to arthritic pain.
5. Anti Cancer: Cinnamon may reduce the proliferation of leukemia and lymphoma cancer cells, holding promise for cancer prevention and sufferers of the disease.
6. Natural food preservative: When added to food, cinnamon antibacterial properties inhibit bacterial growth and food spoilage, making it a natural food preservative.
7. Relief from menstrual pain and infertility: Cinnamon contains a natural chemical called cinnamaldehyde, which increases the hormone progesterone while decreasing testosterone production in women, helping to balance hormones.
8. Neurodegenerative diseases: Cinnamon reduces chronic inflammation linked with neurological disorders like Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, brain tumor, and meningitis.
9. Boosts Brain Function: Chewing cinnamon flavored gum or just smelling cinnamon enhances your cognitive processing, mental alertness and memory.
10. Migraine relief: Cinnamon added to tea can help soothe the nerves and has been found to be an effective natural remedy for eliminating headaches and migraine relief.
11. Anti-clotting: Cinnamaldehyde (also called cinnamic aldehyde) prevents unwanted clumping of blood platelets by inhibiting the release of an inflammatory fatty acid called arachidonic acid from platelet membranes and reducing the formation of an inflammatory messaging molecule called thromboxane A2.
12. Anti inflammatory: Cinnamon lowers the release of arachidonic acid from cell membranes that can helps lessen inflammation.
13. Rich in Fiber: Along with essential oils, cinnamon is an excellent source of fiber,manganese and calcium. Calcium and fiber can bind to bile salts and expel them from the body preventing the damage that certain bile salts can cause to colon cells leading to colon cancer.
14. Beats the Flu: A herbal tea concoction of cinnamon and ginger has been an age old remedy to beat and provide instant relief from onset of a cold or flu, due to cinnamon “warming” properties.
Wonderful information about this commonly used magical herb cinnamon
Reach source of information on cinnamon. It’s one of the good ingredients in indian spice.
Thanks for posting the magical benefits of magical herb.