Detox is the way to remove toxins from the body which boosts our slow metabolism, and promotes healthy living in a polluted environment. When the body throws symptoms of tiredness, weight gain, frequent cold and cough, flu, intolerance for any smell it’s a signal to know, it’s time to clear the clutter. Even though biologically our body is naturally equipped with three critical organs to detox.
Liver– the natural filter in our body which prevents the toxins from entering the bloodstream.
Colon– It produces healthy bacteria which flushes out toxic chemicals from the body.
Kidney– They are the most important filter which constantly filters the body of the toxins through urine.
We are constantly exposed to environmental pollution, preservatives, and pesticides in food. The natural biological detox, weakens in the time of fast food, complemented by a sedentary and stressful lifestyle. Toxin overload in the body is like inviting a riot in the system, it poses a major health hazard and it is important to revitalize our system through detox.
Signals that your body needs ‘Detox’
- Fatigue and low energy
- Weight gain
- Belly Fat
- Bloating and gas
- Bad Breath and mood swings
- Affects our immunity and our ability to fight infection.
Many of us resort to sweet as a booster shot when our energy dips but it does more harm than good to our body.
The fatigue and the sluggishness we feel at the end of the day is because of accumulated toxins in the body.
Best way to detox is to clean the body inside out
- Heat Clearing- Good for people with flu, dry mouth, and sore throat
- Perspiration – Sweating through workouts, yoga, and pranayama.
- Vomiting- By inducing vomiting and clearing toxins from the mouth.
- Over the counter drugs to detox would do more harm than good, do it the natural way.
- Fasting -Resting the digestive organs through fasting.
- Elimination Purging the body through flushing the kidney and intestine.
- Replenishment- refueling the body with healthy diet revitalizes the body with optimum health.
- Detox drinks
There are various means to detox and eliminates the toxins from the body.
- Resting the organs through fasting.
- Stimulating the liver to drive toxins from the body.
- Promoting elimination through intestines, kidneys, and skin.
- Improving the circulation of the blood through workouts and yoga.
- Refueling the body with healthy nutrients and detox drinks.
Yoga and Pranayam
Complimented with this we must add Yoga and “Kapalbhati”, Pranayam to our daily morning routine, to eliminate the body of all the toxins and carbon dioxide.
Major health benefits of detox
- Removes toxins from the body.
- Cleanses the liver.
- Reduces inflammation.
- Boosts immunity and fights flu and the common cold.
- Boosts the metabolism and energy which helps lose weight.
- Gives a glowing, healthy skin and hair.
- Boosts energy and gives mental alertness and clarity.
- Restores a healthy balance in the body and makes us feel light.
Jumpstart to a healthy lifestyle go for detox. Contact Jagadguru Kripalu Yoga and Naturopathy Hospital, one of the leading naturopathy hospitals in India, for lifestyle consultation and chronic disease cure.