Sunlight therapy also known as hellios therapy dates back to the ancient Greeks. Sunlight is the bests source of vitamin D. Dermatologists have brainwashed our mind with the concepts that the ultra violet rays of the sun is harmful and we should stay away from sun.This has made people sun-phobic. Exposure to the sun does not mean burning the skin or getting tanned. The key lies in safe, limited, healthy and strategic exposure to sun.
Depriving people from healthy exposure, they miss out on optimizing on the numerous benefits of vitamin D required to build bones, reduce inflmmation, and build strong immune system. Vitamin D can also prevent many types of cancer. Chromo Therapy is just another name for Sun Therapy. The word chromo comes from Greek work ‘chroma’ meaning color. So it is also known as color therapy.
Usually the notion is that basking in the sun is the job of lazy ones. But in fact it is not so. It gives tremendous benefits to our health when we make it our habit to have sun bath every day. In the morning one should have sun bath with fewer clothes. The duration should be 10-15 minutes in the summer and 20-30 minutes in the winter. But one should avoid the windy place.
It is said that where there is darkness there is death and decay. Indeed it’s due to the sun light that life is possible in this earth.
The houses where the sun rays don’t reach easily hosts insects and germs thus it becomes the house for diseases.
The expanded light destroys the germs.
The rising and setting sun obliterates all the germs from the earth through its rays.
Sun rays improve the vitality, and alleviates from nervous disability.
Empowers the digestion, stimulates the digestive fire and increases the force of excretion.
Gives mobility to the blood, cures all the skin diseases and strengthens the bones.
Increases the proportion of calcium, phosphorus, and iron in the blood.
Dr. Babette says, “Sun rays increases strength, intelligence and beauty.”
By the use of sunrays we can make very effective medicines. Sun charged water, oil, sugar, glycerin etc can be used to cure many more diseases.
Some of the essential benefits of sunrays are:
- boosts bone health and strengthens teeth
- sun light is supposed to be anti-cancer and send breast cancer into remission.
- sunrays boosts the immune system. The white blood cells called lymphocytes are activated by exposure to the sun and it plays a major role in guarding the body against infections.
- sunrays has unique healing power, it disinfects and heal wounds and also kills the bad bacteria and cures fungal infection of the skin.
- protects against dementia and brain aging
- good for loosing excess fat
- essential for decreasing symptoms of asthma
- Sunlight has a beneficial effect on skin disorders, such as psoriasis, acne and eczema. Sunlight penetrates deep into the skin to cleanse the blood and the blood vessels.
- The sunlights lowers high cholesterol by converting high cholesterol in the blood into steroid hormones.
- The sunrays is also known to lower blood pressure in those suffering from high blood pressure.
- The sunlight activates the cells and tissues by increasing the flow of oxygen in the blood. The sunlight has a great impact on building the stamina and fitness of the individuals.
- Sunlight exposure is also known to positively increase the growth and height of children, especially babies. The amount of sun exposure in new born babies till 4-5 months has an great impact on the growth of the child.
- Sunlight is a great mood uplifter. Infact people in cold countries celebrate sunny days because it is a rare feat for them and hugely cures depression.
- The mantra is right, moderate and slow exposure to the sun. Do not be vitamin D deficient by depriving your body of natural vitamin D direct from the sun.