Panchakarma is the ultimate mind-body healing experience for detoxifying the body, strengthening the immune system, and restoring balance and wellbeing.
A 5-pronged complete detoxification and body purification program.
If toxins in the body are abundant, then a cleansing process known as Panchakarma is recommended to purge these unwanted toxins. This fivefold purification treatment is a classical form of treatment in Ayurveda. These specialized procedures consist of the following:
- Therapeutic vomiting or emesis (Vaman)
- Purgation (Virechan)
- Enema (Basti)
- Elimination of toxins through the nose (Nasya)
- Bloodletting or detoxification of the blood (Rakta moksha)
External Herbal Medicine
In this treatment, powders, syrups, tablets, and medicated oils made from natural plants; herbs etc are given for treatment. There are no side-effects in Ayurvedic treatment because medicines are made up of natural products.
Learn more about specific Panchakara Treatments
- Shirodhara: recommended for anxiety, depression, hypertension, insomnia etc.
- Kati Basti: useful for various backaches.
- Nadi Sweda: useful for pain disorders of various sites.
- Pinda Sweda: useful for neurological ailments and the management of different pains.
- Shashti-Shali Pindasweda: useful for neurological ailments.
- Tharpanam: useful for the ailments of the eyes.
- Shirobasti: useful for hair loss and the falling hair and other diseases of the head.
- Uttara Basti: useful for genitourinary diseases and infertility of female.
- Udvartana: a medicated ubtan to be applied over the skin for fair and glowing skin.