Aging is an inevitable process of this human life. Even though we cannot stop this aging clock, we can age healthily adopting a positive lifestyle is the secret to aging gracefully.
- Do your annual checkups to detect any health problems and treat them early.
- Sleep. Quality sleep is important to prevent dementia, depression, heart disease, diabetes, obesity, and even aging skin.
- Exfoliating the skin during showering & moisturizing afterward (for all ages). It is important to get rid of germs, sweat, and toxins that build upon our skin. Use whatever thing works for you, like oats, sugar, baking soda, or turmeric/herbs for this process.
- Reduce added sugar since it is inflammatory as well as elevates blood sugar levels.
- Keep the gut healthy by increasing fiber intakes like fruits, veggies, whole grains, legumes, and nuts. This will also reduce cholesterol, keep blood sugar levels in balance and keep the heart healthy.
- Stay active doing regular physical activities.
- Add vitamin D and calcium to your diet.
- Connect with nature – walks, meditation in the patio or parks, yoga by the beach, seeing the grace of early sunrise, walking barefoot on the pebble, grass, or sand helps us to stay rooted and connected with the earth and good for the muscles as well.
- Increase your knowledge in prayer/sadhana and surrender to God and Guru.
- Give back to the community for a better and stronger tomorrow.
- Quit smoking and drinking.
In order to age gracefully accept the changes that are inevitable and have a positive outlook on changes that it accompanies. Find meaningful activities that are important to you. And find a purpose in life after (plan for it) retirement, and have a positive attitude that embraces all that comes with aging.