HDLs – High-Density Lipoproteins are good cholesterol that helps to eliminate bad cholesterol from the body and can lower the risk of heart disease & stroke. Here are some ways to raise HDL levels.
- Regular exercise can maintain overall health and raise HDL levels. Exercise can also help in losing weight.
- Lose weight, if you are overweight or obese, HDL will increase. Losing fat accumulation around the waist, can reduce the risk of heart disease and increase HDL levels.
- Focus on a plant-based diet, that is high in fruits, veggies, whole grains, and nuts high in omega-3s like flax seeds, and nuts high in omega-3s like flax seeds, and walnuts increase HDL levels.
- Cutting back on sugar and refined carbs increases HDL cholesterol.
- Choose your cooking oil like olive oil, sunflower oil can increase HDL cholesterol.
- Increase intake of berries, dark chocolate, avocado, beets, dark green leafy, and nuts that are rich in antioxidants and reduce inflammation. The more color you eat, the better it is.